Call for participants – Re-Creation Camp: Remedy against Burnout, summer 2019
WHAT: 4 full days of wellness and creative workshops, safe space for reflection, sharing and healing, peer learning, mindfulness practices, light sport activities and relaxation designed for cultural managers and arts / cultural professionals who have experienced a burnout, exhaustion, permanent tiredness
WHEN: 8 – 13 July 2019 (8th and 13th are travel days)
WHERE: MAKAK Bed and Breakfast, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
PARTICIPATION FEE: 230 EUR
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis but no later than 31 May 2019.
When busy, tired, burnout start settling into our everyday vocabulary and become too intimate friends, it may prove useful to take some time and space to breathe and observe just where you are amidst your narrative. The need to connect deeply to life is hardwired into each person, yet many of us still struggle to do so in the context of contemporary life. But what if there are different ways to allow the aliveness around life to feed our energy every day? How can we stay open to life as it wants to emerge within us? Could there be a way to break out of the patterns? Join a like-minded collective that engages in the process of exploring the possibilities of imprinting self-care in our lives and increasing the well-being of our communities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Cultural managers and arts / cultural professionals who have experienced a burnout, exhaustion, permanent tiredness and are on a quest to a healthier and more balanced personal and professional life.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Four full days of wellness and creative workshops, safe space for reflection, sharing and healing, peer learning, mindfulness practices, light sport activities and relaxation. The program is co-created by you, the participants, to allow for content diversity and peer learning.
In January 2019 we organized the first Re-Creation Camp and you can see some photos here.
WHO WILL GUIDE YOU
An experienced facilitator using the Art of Hosting methodology, his/her name will be announced soon. In addition,, you will be joined by 10 other European arts and cultural professionals who will support you on your journey.
WHERE WILL IT BE
We will be staying in MAKAK Bed and Breakfast. The two MAKAK hosts, Rossi and Petar, are an English language teacher and a graphic designer. They have been together for 20 years now and 10 of them they have dedicated to building their house MAKAK in the picturesque village of Ledenik, right in the center of Bulgaria and just 4 km outside of romantic Veliko Tarnovo. At the beginning, the house was a way to channel their creative energies, an escape from the city and a place to meet family and friends in a beautiful environment. In the summer of 2006 they began hosting guests from all over the world, too. Small touches and beautiful gestures are really important to them, and their guests can feel them in both the artistic interior of the house, and the way they host each guest as a special person. The magic of MAKAK Bed and Breakfast, born out of the love between a poet and an artist, Rossi and Petar love to share with their guests.
– 230 EUR – regular price
– 195 EUR – early bird until 31 March 2019
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PARTICIPATION FEE
– Return transportation Veliko Tarnovo / MAKAK Bed and Breakfast – MAKAK Bed and Breakfast – Veliko Tarnovo, transportation to different activity venues in the area, including the towns of Veliko Tarnovo and Dryanovo;
– All meals during the camp;
– Four full days of carefully curated program with wellness and creative workshops, safe space for reflection, sharing and healing, peer learning, mindfulness practices, light sport activities and relaxation
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PARTICIPATION FEE
– Your travel costs to and from Veliko Tarnovo
– Accommodation in a single/double room (please note that only a limited number of single rooms are available). Please note that this event has no external funding and it is only possible due to the warm hospitality of Rossi and Petar from MAKAK Bed and Breakfast. The accommodation is provided on donation bases and participants are invited to donate as much as they want at the end of the camp. There is no minimal donation and financial issues should not discourage any participant to apply. Everyone is welcome regardless of the amount of their donation at the end.
Participants are expected to arrive in Veliko Tarnovo on 8th July no later than 20:00. If you wish to join the farewell brunch on 13 July, please plan your journey back no earlier than 11:30 from Veliko Tarnovo. Our team will help you with information how to get to Veliko Tarnovo with a bus / train / shared car.
PARTICIPANTS WITH MOBILITY ISSUES
Please note that the venue won’t be appropriate for persons with mobility issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis but no later than 31 May 2019. Upon acceptance, you will be required to make a payment within 2 days. To apply, please complete the application form here.
Questions or concerns? We would love to hear from you! Please send us an email to email@example.com
The project Cultural Managers’ Re-Creation Camp: Remedy against Burnout is realized by Multi Kulti Collective (BG), MAKAK Bed and Breakfast (BG), Asociația ARTA în dialog (RO).