On 22 April 2016 Multi Kulti Collective and 105 School Atanas Dalchev organized a colourful celebration for the children in first and third grade of 105 School in Sofia and their parents.
We all had fun with:
1) A national Bulgarian song performed by the pupils of 105 School;
2) A national Italian tarantella dance performed by the pupils of 105 School;
3) Calligraphy workshop hosted by Freddy Beniamin from Iraq + tasting of Arabic pizza and cookies;
4) Henna workshop with Rim from Lebanon and the Council of Refugee Women in Bulgaria;
5) Chocolate tasting of the unique masterpieces of Stanimira Chocolate House;
6) Magic tricks with Victor, Daniel and Yavor from the Anglo-American School in Sofia;
7) Spring Easter workshop hosted by the teachers of 105 School.
It’s been two weeks since the pupils and their parents started collecting donation for the refugees – toys and cleaning products, including a special donation from Nivea. The Council of Refugee Women in Bulgaria gratefully accepted the donations and promised they’ll reach the people in need as soon as possible. There were several refugee children from Syria who chose some toys right away
Applied Research and Communications Fund was also a partner of the event.
We’d like to thank Eli Petrova for the idea and inspiration!
The event was funded by 1000 km Balkan Charity Challenge. Thank you!
Photos: Panayot Chafkarov